Model 800, GMX Magnetic Fluid Conditioner:
For 1/2" to 1" pipe or tubing
• Residential, commercial, and light industrial applications wherever hard water is present
Installing The GMX 800 Units
1. Place the Model 800 unit against the pipe or tube, with the GMX label facing away from the pipe.
2. Place the backing plate on the opposite side of the pipe, Align the backing plate holes with the holes in the unit.[Please note: The backing plate is designed to be reversible. Place the two dimples toward the magnets for 1/2" and 5/8" tubing, and away from the magnet for 3/4" and larger pipes].
3. Insert bolts through the holes in the unit and the backing plate. Secure with wing-nuts.
4. Tighten the unit until it is snug against the pipe. Do not over-tighten!
5. Install the third, fourth, fifth units in tandem with the first. Leave a 1" space between them. Make sure the labels of all units are on the same side and face the same direction.
The Model 800 is designed to be installed in a segment of three, four, five units , placed wherever the water line enters the building , and spaced 1" apart. Single units may be used as boosters for individual appliances, or on moderate temperature recirculation systems.
Direction of Placement:
The magnet above the GMX label is the north pole, and the magnet below the label is the south pole. The direction the fluid flows through the pipe or tubing makes no difference.
For best results when placing the Model 800 to treat a particular area or appliance, place the units at least 8" to 12" upstream (before) the area of appliance to be treated.
Do not place the Model 800 close to an electrical power line ,or electrical equipment capable of generating strong electrical fields, such as a welder or large electrical motor. This can reduce the units effectiveness.
For maximum effectiveness, magnetic conditioning requires a smooth, calm flow of fluid through the magnetic field. A partial reversal of the treatment may even be triggered by turbulence. Therefore always place the Model 800 a minimum of 18"to 24" downstream (after) any pump or other turbulence causing device.
Non-Ferrous Pipes Only:
Install the Model 800 only on non-ferrous (PVC, Plastic, copper,or stainless steel) pipe or tubing-- not on steel or iron pipe. Don't place it on any pipe to which the magnets stick. The penetration of a magnetic field through iron or steel (except stainless steel) pipe is minimal . in effect, the magnetic field travels along the exterior of such pipes,preventing it from reaching the fluid. In such cases, replace an 18" to 24" section of steel pipe with either copper or PVC pipe, and then install the Model 800 on that section.
For a few weeks after installing the Model 800 you may notice an increase in water turbidity (cloudiness). This is because scale is being removed from the system. During this stabilization period, carefully monitor filters, tanks, and sumps each week, and drain or clean them as needed.
Home | Facts | Residential | Agriculture | Auto | Pools | Distributor | Contact Us
© 2002 Magnetic Water Created by Kathryn's Web Design Revised: June 17, 2014